Arcchery Season Opens Today 10-2-04

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Fall archery for deer opens today and will run to 11-27-04 with the extended permits. After that the firearm seasons for deer open and stay in until the end of January 2005.
Just a reminder to everyone here that you wil be sharing the pine woods with hunters for the next few months.
I am getting ready to walk to my stand right now .I'll let you know how I do.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
RednekF350 said:
Fall archery for deer opens today and will run to 11-27-04 with the extended permits. After that the firearm seasons for deer open and stay in until the end of January 2005.
Just a reminder to everyone here that you wil be sharing the pine woods with hunters for the next few months.

And let all hunters know that you are sharing the pines with non hunters also.

Just had to say that :)

Thanks for the info. I will be walking out there today.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
RednekF350 said:

How did you make out Scott? Was the archery season just in certain counties? I rode down Chew Road Saturday morning around 8:45 and there were vehicles all along the side of the road. But in Burlington County I saw no evidence of hunters. I even walked for 4 miles down a road in Wharton and did not see a car.

Guy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
The archery deer season started a few weeks earlier in certain zones (zone 19. Medford- Tabernacle area for one) but is in statewide as of 10-2-04.
I saw plenty of deer Saturday but most were small does with the young of the year. I don't need the meat that bad.
I had two small bucks, a Y and a spike, come within range but they never presented a clear shot.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Is there a website somewhere that lists the dates for the various hunting seasons in different NJ counties? I've never been able to find a central resource for this information. I don't hunt, but I do like to be aware of when there are hunters out there.

wis bang

Explorer
Jun 24, 2004
East Windsor
My neighbor hunts the edge of Assinpink [mercer/monmouth] and he's been hunting for three weeks already. It's 'Earn a Buck' so he's taken (2) doe and a 5 point.

I have an adversion to razor sharp blades & I don't like the idea of shotgunning when I grew up where they use Rifles so I still go back to PA & spend a week carring my 30-06 around.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Boyd said:
Is there a website somewhere that lists the dates for the various hunting seasons in different NJ counties? I've never been able to find a central resource for this information. I don't hunt, but I do like to be aware of when there are hunters out there.
I am going out on a limb here but I'll assume you have a computer since I read your post.
If you use any search engine(Yahoo Google etc.) you can find the N.J. Division of Fish and Game's website. All regulations are published there.
Here is a direct link to their site:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/
When you get to the site click on Hunting and then click on the 2004 regulations.
You can view or print the entire pdf publication.
You can also stop at any sporting goods store that sells licenses (including K-Mart) and pick up a free copy of the game laws.
Enjoy.
Scott
8)