Atlantic County

NJSnakeMan

Explorer
Jun 3, 2004
Atlantic County
Is anybody familiar with some old RR Tracks off Rt. 40 near MaysLanding? Are they even still there?

Also, has anybody ever found or heard of Timber Rattlesnakes being found in Atlantic County. All of the ones i've heard of have been in either Burlington or Ocean Counties.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I've never heard of anyone finding one there. However, nj list them as occurring in atlantic, gloucester, and northeastern cumberland counties. They are rumored to exist at peaslee wma in millville. I'll be honest when I read that they were in these counties I was shocked, I think I posted something about this before.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
yes that green road headin northwest from the developement is the old rr grade.it's driveable you just have to know where to access it and dont mind getting your truck scratched up.high clearance is necessary but not 4 wheel

NJTaco

Oct 18, 2006
Galloway, NJ
Timber Rattlesnake

My boss just informed me that the timber rattlesnake has been sighted or captured here in Pomona, Atlantic County, on Campus (Stockton College.) I'll check with the academics in NAMS (Natural and Marine Sciences) for more information. Some faculty have been here 30 years!

BTW- I'm new here- I'll post an intro in general discussion later...