ATSION CRANBERRY BOGS ABANDONED

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Uploaded about 4 days ago. Not sure when recorded. Used a drone.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Too short. I could look for hours. Not even barrel distortion, either a very good lens or compensated by software.
He has others, click on his name.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
Thanks for sharing Ed, I never realized there were so many cars at Winslow Junction

It's funny you should say that. I was noting how few were left. There used to be far more freight, passenger cars and engines stored there.

*Edit: I am talking about the vintage equipment stored on the SRNJ tracks. Perhaps you are talking about the hopper cars temporarily parked on the Beesely Point line up above.

Last edited:

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
It's a very interesting place to visit. When I was there in 2011 we saw some cars of the Blue Comet, painted brown now, but some blue poked through.
WE took a side trip to an accident the Blue Comet had in Hammonton.
https://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/train-kills-mother-two-children.5879/
P1040986s.jpg

P1040977s.jpg

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
It's funny you should say that. I was noting how few were left. There used to be far more freight, passenger cars and engines stored there.

*Edit: I am talking about the vintage equipment stored on the SRNJ tracks. Perhaps you are talking about the hopper cars temporarily parked on the Beesely Point line up above.
I'm not sure I know the 2 locations.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Okay,The question is what was there first? 206 or the bogs? I just aeriald back to 31 and both were there then but it looks as if 206 may have been dirt?It's very white looking.Was the bogs built around the road using it as a dam? Or were the bogs already there and they availed themselves of the dam whilst building the road?I"d bet there was already a road there first with a berm built across the swamp to keep it above water.