Atsion lake pictures?

SpineyPiney

Scout
Jan 15, 2013
Hi everyone. I was telling my kids the other day about walking out into the middle of Atsion lake when it was drained for the dam replacement years ago. Can’t find my pictures and was wondering if anyone had pictures of the lake while drained and the original Mullica River channel I could show them. Thanks in advance.

SpineyPiney

Scout
Jan 15, 2013
Thanks! That was a year before I was born. Didn’t know the dam was replaced in ‘78 also. That doesn’t seem like a very long lifespan if it was replaced again in the early 2000’s. I have pictures from when they did the newest replacement but I have a feeling they are on an old laptop that I don’t have a cord for anymore. That is when I walked out there.

I wonder if they electrofished it and moved the fish first. Its always cool seeing some of the big fish they bring up. Especially in places I fish. It’s kind of like a sneak peek of what’s possible if you put your time in. On the flip side I feel like the fishing hasn’t been the same since they redid the dam. I used to be able to go there and at least get a few small pickerel but the last few years I’ve gotten nothing but skunked.