Atsion School Open For Tours As Well

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
Just saw the thread about the mansion being open, and thanks for the heads up Turtle. I didn't want to hijack the thread but I also wanted to let people know that the school was open for tours also. 2 weeks ago I noticed that someone ripped the plywood off the front of the school doorway. It broke the frame for the door and the plywood was thrown to the side. I've always wanted to see the inside of that school so I peeked inside and checked out what it was like. Very high ceilings and there was a small access hole into the really high attic. Everything was pretty beat up but not too bad. Couple of holes in the floor and glass all over. One weird thing I noticed was the sheetrock on the walls instead of plaster, and most of the walls were like that. When I left I propped up the plywood against the doorway to make it look like nothing had happened. I hope the state saw that and did something already. The gate was partially knocked down as well. Savages.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Just saw the thread about the mansion being open, and thanks for the heads up Turtle. I didn't want to hijack the thread but I also wanted to let people know that the school was open for tours also. 2 weeks ago I noticed that someone ripped the plywood off the front of the school doorway. It broke the frame for the door and the plywood was thrown to the side. I've always wanted to see the inside of that school so I peeked inside and checked out what it was like. Very high ceilings and there was a small access hole into the really high attic. Everything was pretty beat up but not too bad. Couple of holes in the floor and glass all over. One weird thing I noticed was the sheetrock on the walls instead of plaster, and most of the walls were like that. When I left I propped up the plywood against the doorway to make it look like nothing had happened. I hope the state saw that and did something already. The gate was partially knocked down as well. Savages.

I was heading down Quaker Bridge Road on Sunday afternoon and the state truck was right in front of me. They pulled up to the school and two employees got out and were looking around. So either they had a report of something or they were preparing to open it up for tours.

Guy