barren nights

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
IMG_2803s.jpg

I've been lumping most of my photos in another thread ... but I'll start another. Al and I took another ride to the barrens tonight hoping to catch some images under the full moon. Alas, clouds. I tried to make do with what little available light there was (with an occasional flare provided by my truck's headlights).

Makepeace Lake and surroundings ...

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2874.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Bill

Oct 25, 2006
I've been lumping most of my photos in another thread ... but I'll start another. Al and I took another ride to the barrens tonight hoping to catch some images under the full moon. Alas, clouds. I tried to make do with what little available light there was (with an occasional flare provided by my truck's headlights).

Makepeace Lake and surroundings ...

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2874.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Bill

Real nice Bill, the last pic is my favorite also.

Jim

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The one above it is nice also. Thanks Bill.

Guy

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Thanks for the compliments. I've been trying to capture the mood the barrens offer at night -- though I suppose my photo perspectives often come across rather warped. :) Regarding the photos above, everybody seems to like the bottom two, but the one I like best is the second one down. The full-size version over on the gallery section probably does the photo slightly better.

Below is a tree that suffered from the burn on the Mullica River this year.

IMG_2456s.jpg

To dark sand roads ...

Bill

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Awesome pics. Would I be able to get that last photo in it's full resolution? I'd like to use it as my desktop. You have my word that I will not give the photo or share the photo with anyone else.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Awesome pics. Would I be able to get that last photo in it's full resolution? I'd like to use it as my desktop. You have my word that I will not give the photo or share the photo with anyone else.

No problem at all. Just send me your e-mail address in a private message and I'll send you the file.

Bill

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
cone-n.jpg

IMG_2722s.jpg

geese-b.jpg

Apologies for the photo-image distortions; their mood is intended to suggest the strange, haunting beauty this photographer senses when wandering the sand roads at night.

Thanks for looking,

Bill

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They are interesting. I enjoy your photo's.

Guy

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Question: Is there a setting somewhere that would enable one to view photos in threads while logged in? It's a "can't do" here, anyway. As a result, I stay logged out most of the time, which is the only way I can see photos and avatars.

Thanks!
Bill

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Question: Is there a setting somewhere that would enable one to view photos in threads while logged in? It's a "can't do" here, anyway. As a result, I stay logged out most of the time, which is the only way I can see photos and avatars.

Thanks!
Bill

That has to be a problem on your end I would think. You should see them all the time.

EDIT: Go into the User Control Panel, and then "Edit Options", and scroll down to “Thread Display Options” and make sure the “Show Images” box is checked. The User CP is at the top left of this window.

Guy

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
That has to be a problem on your end I would think. You should see them all the time.

EDIT: Go into the User Control Panel, and then "Edit Options", and scroll down to “Thread Display Options” and make sure the “Show Images” box is checked. The User CP is at the top left of this window.

Guy

Bingo. It's fixed. Thanks, Guy!

Oct 25, 2006
Night and day photos below -- the day photographs were taken back in September; I updated a September album over at the gallery with these. The top photo is of the Mullica River, the next is of Shane Branch from the bridge at Friendship. The nocturnal shots were all taken near or at the Mullica River.

Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays to all.

Bill

Liked them all, thanks for posting and sharing.:)

Jim

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I especially like the one from the Shane Branch. One of the better sky photo's I have viewed that were taken from that location.

Guy

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Christmas Eve presented a full moon. I hated to leave my family during the holiday festivities, so I drug them along. :) I wandered around Skit Branch, Friendship and the Tulpehocken with the camera. I'd like to share some of the photos here, of course (this makes it all more worth while). I'll get to some more tomorrow, but below is what I think is the nicest capture of the night. This, too, is taken looking over the Friendship bridge, upstream along Shane Branch. It's about a thirty second exposure, with some help from my headlights. Look hard, and you might see Santa Claus reindeering the horizon ... but you really have to believe! ;)

IMG_3006s.jpg

Must go sleep. Long night. Thanks for looking,

Bill