BaseCamp route question

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Created some driving routes with BaseCamp; very nice. Tried uploading one via BaseCamp to a nuvi 750. Appears to work but the route is not in the nuvi route folder; however, the individual waypoints are in the favorites. Can it be done, or is it manual from this point on adding the WP's to a new nuvi route? I searched GPSReview, but no hits. As usual, I am cornfused.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
You have to import the route before you can use it on the Nuvi. This varies with model, but take a look at Tools > MyData and I think there will be an option to import the route that you sent.

I have not used Basecamp for any route planning myself, so I can't help beyond that. But I do know that Basecamp should be placing a file named Temp.gpx in the GPX folder when you send it to the Nuvi. Mapsource does the same thing and the rest is up to the Nuvi.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Thanks Boyd. I went ahead and created the route using the favorite records that loaded. Same result, but different method. The unit is with my son, on the way to Maine tomorrow. I'll give it a try when, and if, I get it back.