Bass Pro Shop opens

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I will probably hit there at least once well after their opening date. Not a big fan of Bass Pro.
They are probably sweating bullets on that business decision as the city of AC implodes around them.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Not a big fan of Bass Pro.
They are probably sweating bullets on that business decision as the city of AC implodes around them.

I agree, of the big ones I prefer Cabela mail order. I know nothing about the retail business, but a Bass Pro in AC??? Their firearms section might do a brisk after hours business.

NJBill

Explorer
Sep 10, 2008
Hamilton (Mercer County)
I agree, of the big ones I prefer Cabela mail order. I know nothing about the retail business, but a Bass Pro in AC??? Their firearms section might do a brisk after hours business.

The "Outpost" version of their stores are their smallest. I agree AC is a horrible location but looks like a no brainer for Bass Pro. State funded the loan for about 90% of the cost and as usual a list of tax breaks. Also, only free parking if you drop 50 bucks in the store.

Jersey Jeff

Explorer
Jun 22, 2012
I'll be in AC next week for a convention so I'll check it out. Cabela's is extremely expensive so I expect this place to be a bit too out of my price range. Are there any coupons floating around?

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
Checked them out the other night. More of a family outing than serious shopping. I picked up a fly rod case that isn't available anyplace closeby. I much prefer to give my money to locally owned small shops than any of the big boxes anyway.