Pump.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: Boyd

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
So what's the deal Ed? I can't understand why they have to use a form that covers everthing but makes it as clear as mud. Why did the well fail?

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Bob, here's the full story. I can't imagine the mind set of someone who does this.

P8050002.JPG

P8050003.JPG

P8050006.JPG

P8050009.JPG

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Ed, yes I see there is coliform present. I saw that in the first post. I thought someone did something to contaminate the well. What do you mean "I can't imagine the mind set of someone who does this." Am I missing something in the paperwork? Who did what?

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
To create such a complicated, obfuscated document to communicate a simple fact to a camper wanting to use the well. This is a technical report not targeted to the intended audience.
" warning, this well is contaminated, do not use"
Put anything you want after it but nobody will read it. They bathe and wash their dishes there.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpbx

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
This is in the heart of the pine barrens. I'd love to know how that got in there. Sand is a great filter. If they need to make it deeper, then go for it.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I think I would make sure I brought my own water at all times no matter what it took.

JerseyDevil

Scout
Dec 22, 2003
Jackson, NJ
They’ll, or at least they should chlorinate the well. It’s a simple safe simple process and is the standard appropriate method to correct the situation. My assumption is that the well water itself is probably not contaminated due to contamination that percolated down, but rather with this heat the well head itself probably just got some stuff growing in or on it. It should be sprayed with chlorine now and then. A dose of chlorine in the well and a spray down of the entire external assembly should solve it. I have a bad feeling though, that they won’t spend the money.. The form is required to be posted by law, yes, it definitely could be simpler..