Batsto Country Living Fair

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Sunday October 20, 10am-4pm
For anybody interested in engines and old mechanical things. This is a great place to see old hit and miss motors and antique equipment. In the past, they have run the Batsto sawmill and had a steam tractor run a belt driven portable sawmill and cut shingles. One of the reasons I’m going there is to see the old train that was used to move lumber in and out of the sawmill at Double Trouble. In the early 90s, I remember seeing this train down in the bottom of the sawmill. After they restored the sawmill, I never saw the train again. I have been asking people at the park about the whereabouts of the train for quite a while. Apparently it was at Whitesbog and they got it running. I was told by a small engine club member. They’re going to have a section of track and have it going back-and-forth. Apparently it uses some type of narrow rail car that was made in Germany and is powered by a Ford model T engine. There was another one that also used a model A engine, but they don’t have possession of it.