Batsto Decoy and outdoors show May 16th

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Gee, SOMEONE on this site thought it was last weekend....and that is all I will say, hehe.

I am in Delaware this weekend, hanging with my sometimer. But I will be heading home Sunday morning. Was thinking about spending the afternoon in Amatol, but may swing by here. Is anyone else planning on going?

I'll be set up with some carvings. This is the second year they are having it since resurrecting the show. (last held in the late 90's.) The weather was poor last year, but there were stil about 50 vendors. Mostly outdoor and nature related, also a few Barnegat bay Sneak Boxes and also some dog stuff. They are also having seminars in the visitor center, the list of which can be found here

http://www.batstovillage.org/pdf-files/presenters.pdf

You can't ask for a better setting for a show and if the weather continues as forcast it should make for a nice day.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
It was a very cool event!!! I was shocked by the number of vehicles in the parking lot when I pulled in. It was completely full!!! Tons of people and I FINALLY got to take the tour of the Batsto Mansion (it was BEAUTIFUL)!!! - Thanks Terry!! And nice to see you again Jerseyman!!!

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Gipsie wowed the crowds with a last-minute geocache presentation.....many thanks! The weather was beautiful. Jode's carvings are always remarkable and he is so well-received. Jerseyman and special guest the greatest. (We got the sneak peak on his latest accquisition...) Organizers --- applause to you for bringing back the show.

Pure pleasure to see friends from near and far, at any event, anywhere, any time.... :)

turtle

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Gipsie wowed the crowds with a last-minute geocache presentation.....many thanks! The weather was beautiful. Jode's carvings are always remarkable and he is so well-received. Jerseyman and special guest the greatest. (We got the sneak peak on his latest accquisition...) Organizers --- applause to you for bringing back the show.

Pure pleasure to see friends from near and far, at any event, anywhere, any time.... :)

turtle

It really was a lot of fun Terry! I can still smell the french lilacs!!!!

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
I wish I could have made to this event, but I was in Dover for the race on Sunday.

Sounds like it was a good time.

Chris

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Darn. Would have taken the drive if I saw this earlier. Any of you guys know of any upcoming similar shows in the state that may be worth the drive?

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
I don't think there is anything else in Jersey until Tuckerton at the end of September.............BUT it's one of the best anywhere.............
Guess I'll have to wait til then and yep, thats a good one. Thanks, I plan on spending a lot of time on the water this fall. I keep missing the Batsto one.