Batsto Fireline Rd

Frolickin

Explorer
Apr 21, 2003
Millville, NJ
rdowens.net
Each time I have been to Constable Bridge, I have hiked in from Batsto. I have been informed that if I turn in off of 542, before the entrance to the Visitor's Center, I can drive there. On a map I am looking at that road is called Mullica River Rd. Sometime before the bridge, that road is called Constable Bridge Road.

If I cross the bridge at that point, there is a road that travels north. On my map it is called Batsto Fireline Rd. This road follows the Mullica R. along the western side. It eventually dumps out to 206 at Atsion. I think it is called Railroad Ave. at that point.

I have driven just a little bit of this road coming off 206. I took the wrong turn. D'oh! Is this road driveable in a compact passenger car from 542 to 206? Is there anything of particular interest along here?

I appreciate your patience with me. As Ken will testify, I am in need of a lot of help. :p

Fro.

Fro,

I haven't been able to make that road with my mini ute. The puddles always turn me back. One of these days I'll make it. Maybe I'm just chicken sinse Moose drove the high pass puddle at calico in his Subaru which stands lower than my Escape. There is and area that you can get to from 206. It is called Lock's Bridge and is just off Fire Line Rd.

Steve

Frolickin

Explorer
Apr 21, 2003
Millville, NJ
rdowens.net
I will look up Lock's Bridge. I am familiar with the trail on the eastern side of the Mullica. No vehicles are allowed through there. Do you think, in waders, one can cross the Mullica somewhere around halfway down that trail? I can't recall how deep things are, but I figure it can't be too high.