Batsto Photos

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Yesterday, Laura and I visited Buzby's in Chatsworth (she had a great time entertaining Pumpkin) and then Batsto Village.

Here's three pages of images from Batsto:
http://www.njpinebarrens.com/module...e=index&include=view_album.php&page=1

I have finally got around to playing with the advanced settings in my camera because the "Full Auto" mode really sucks. With some tweaking, the camera is putting out much better images now.

Let me know what you guys (and gals) think.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
bruset said:
Let me know what you guys (and gals) think.

Nice photo's. That is my first view of the Batsto Butterfly species :)

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Yes, it's a rare find. There were a few people standing around looking at it. We were unable to identify it by the "Butterfly Coloring Book" that Laura bought at the visitors center.

B

BarryC

Nice pictures. From just a quick glance I'd say the butterfly was a "Red-spotted Purple". I see them a lot here and I saw a bunch of them when I was out Saturday. Very pretty. Sometimes I see them on tree trunks or on the ground.
Well now I just looked at the full-size version of the picture and I think it's a Spicebush Swallowtail, although it's "tails" are not visible in the picture. But the coloring is right. (I cheated. :) I have a guide right here.)
bruset said:
Yes, it's a rare find. There were a few people standing around looking at it. We were unable to identify it by the "Butterfly Coloring Book" that Laura bought at the visitors center.