Batsto River

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I spent a great day Sunday with my best friend (and brother) Tom at Batsto last Sunday. The yellow and white water lilliy's were the nicest I remember. The Pickerel Weed was just starting to bloom. I took a swim at every sandy beach we saw. Typical cedar water, the top 12" was warm and the bottom was like ice. I loved every minute of it! BTW, we didn't get a single nibble. :) What a great day to enjoy the pines!
Greg

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
That is a great trip Greg, good times spent with your brother are priceless. I love fishing the Batsto in any season. There are lots of beautiful, productive places along that river and many are never experienced by fishermen.

I wish my two sons were as close as you and your brother are. My two boys are like oil and water and they were only mildly tolerant of each other when they were growing up. Both enjoy hunting but only one lives to fish.
They are two young men now with one being a police officer and the other a teacher.
They both came over today for a Father's Day seafood fest and they each bought the old man lots of good beers.
At least they know what I like.
:)

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
That is a great trip Greg, good times spent with your brother are priceless. I love fishing the Batsto in any season. There are lots of beautiful, productive places along that river and many are never experienced by fishermen.

I wish my two sons were as close as you and your brother are. My two boys are like oil and water and they were only mildly tolerant of each other when they were growing up. Both enjoy hunting but only one lives to fish.
They are two young men now with one being a police officer and the other a teacher.
They both came over today for a Father's Day seafood fest and they each bought the old man lots of good beers.
At least they know what I like.
:)

Thanks Scott. I've been blessed in life to have counted 2 of my brothers as close friends. My oldest brother Bud , who passed away in 1997, and I used to "bandit camp" for a week once a year during permit bow. We hunted a few hours morning and evening, and spent the rest of the time catching up, talking, camp fires till 3:00 AM, great times. I count all those trips as precious memories. My bother Tom and I share a love of the Pines and fish or hike as often as we can. I consider myself fortunate indeed.
Greg