Battling beetles in Pinelands

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
The state cares......they realize there is gold in them there pines.......some corporation will step in with money and promises of preservation and giant fields of solar panels.........and of course fees/taxes and permits for those who explore the pines daily...... And homeland security cameras to keep the world safe......good news is ex pass will open the gates for those with permits to enter ......

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I think some people become over preoccupied with the ecological value of a standing pine tree in the barrens. Thinning of some tracks of land will do the ecosystem lots of good especially with the abscence of fire. Pine trees grow back quick. I think the pine beetles will eventually balance out and a predator species will step up and bring things back. I think we should burn some of these tracks too. The dying pine trees are great for the ecosytem too, ashame they are removing them.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The state cares......they realize there is gold in them there pines.......some corporation will step in with money and promises of preservation and giant fields of solar panels.........and of course fees/taxes and permits for those who explore the pines daily...... And homeland security cameras to keep the world safe......good news is ex pass will open the gates for those with permits to enter ......

Thats what I like to hear! Freerider,your the eternal optimist :)

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Where is Johnny Pinecone Seed when you need him?

Working
Mill_9781440501586_epub_006_r1.jpg