BBQ/Get Together

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Hi all! I have been thinking about a BBQ type get together in April. We have a BBQ business and a couple of large cookers. Maybe some pulled pork, burgers and dogs, sausages, chicken, salads, beans and side dishes.

It would cost about $10 per person for all you can eat and there will be plenty of food. I would try to find a place fairly close to Wharton.

Would anyone here be interested in coming to something like this?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That is a generous offer...a lot of work!

I'd love to, but that is the Forked River Mountain cleanup month, so may be preoccupied depending upon the date, plus I may have a PBX trek at the end of the month.

I have some advice for you. If you get a decent amount of people who say'll they'll come....pick a date yourself. If you try to do it based upon who can or cannot be there you'll never hold it. It is too hard to satisfy everyone.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Cool DE!!! And I hope you can make it bob. I will be picking a date once I find out any other events going on around that time so I don't run into any conflicts. Thanks!

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
It looks like April isn't going to work. I was reminded about Easter weekend and Palm Sunday and there are other events going on the other weekends. The date is going to be May 14th or 15th. (Not sure if we are better off on Saturday or Sunday yet).

Looking into a site now and working on the menu.

I know Bass River has a pavilion we could use. I did want to keep it closer to Wharton, but Bass River is a great spot as well.

More info posted here as I set it up.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
How about Wading Pines or Chips?
There would be much more freedom without the Gestapo lurking about.

Ed

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
The difficulty with State owned grounds is that no beer is allowed. That could be a deterrent. Private property would be favored.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Hey......how about a Monday? ! just kidding....
May 14/15 day hours are not so good for me. Are you planning it later in the afternoon/early evening ? Here's a thought: a full moon evening thing. Those dates are April 18-7:50 PM (ooops! Monday & April) / May 17-7:49 PM. How bout' a Sunday thing? Hmmmmm.
Whatever, count me in, I'll be there at some point!
Cheers!