Beaver in the Delaware River

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Just thought I would share a story. Bob is here, giving my furnace a tune-up. He hunts duck on the Delaware River in and around Philadelphia and told me that he often sees very large beaver living in the river banks, and inside the abandoned piers. He said the beaver are as "big as my dog", who goes crazy when he spots them swimming around. I assumed beaver only live in beaver ponds and beaver lodges in the forest.

The Marine Police rode up on Bob and his friend once because of reports of gunfire on the river. After checking their Pennsylvania hunting license the police told them hunting on the river is fine as long as they do not go near a particular island close to Philadelphia airport.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Pretty lame beaver "attack". :rolleyes:

Found a couple of 330 Conibears set in the bogs out front last week. I really gotta keep an eye on the dog with those in the water. I hope whoever set them gets a few beaver. We're overrun back here.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Pretty lame beaver "attack". :rolleyes:

Found a couple of 330 Conibears set in the bogs out front last week. I really gotta keep an eye on the dog with those in the water. I hope whoever set them gets a few beaver. We're overrun back here.

Scott, check out the first link, that was the real attack.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Pretty lame beaver "attack".

Probably a pregnant female craving a banana, followed the banana boat for some distance. Looks like warning tail-slaps to me. I recall a fishing trip to Maine, we had a couple of them around the canoe, diving under it and slapping themselves silly.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
One of two 330's that I found along The Albertson. I have tried 3 times to fix this but the photos need to be rotated clockwise. The first one 180 degrees and the second one 90 degrees. They are correct in my photo folder on my desktop but when I select them here they come in twisted. ??????
IMG_0495.jpg
IMG_0497.jpg

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Something similar happened to me today Scott. I was having trouble, and so I moved the photos to a different folder and then used a different photo editor to rotate them, and it worked.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I believe Bob fixed the trap photos. I fixed the cooler photos.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Something similar happened to me today Scott. I was having trouble, and so I moved the photos to a different folder and then used a different photo editor to rotate them, and it worked.

That happens from time to time. I have the same problem. I just rotate them and then upload again. If anyone has problems just upload them and when I see it I will fix it in your post.