Belleplain St. Forest & Corsons Inlet.

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
The week after Christmas I'm gonna do a little hiking, I was interested in Belleplain St. Forest and Corsons Inlet. I know theres an 7+ mile trail in Belleplain, but I'm not sure if theres a trail connecting to the Inlet. I'm also interested to find out the walking in Corsons Inlet. Are there trails or is it just waterfront walking? Thanks in advance everbody!

Bellplain and Corson's Inlet are nowhere near each other so I can garrenty there are no trails connecting them. As far as trails at Corson's, I was only there once and had to take quite a hike from the parking lot through the dunes to the beach. Not fun wearing chest waders and carrying a 12' surf rod and tackle box. I don't know of a network of trails there but it's not a very large area.

Steve

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I hiked around Corson's Inlet a couple years ago. There's a trail that loops around through the brush. I doubt if it's much over a mile long however and then you reach the limit of the park where there are houses. You can then return by walking along the beach. It's a pleasant place, but not one that would be on my list of places to return to anytime soon. Personally I like Island Beach State Park more.

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
Thanks for the advice.
What I'm trying to do is fined like a two day hike in South Jersey that I haven't done. Or, have a little basecamp and hike out for two day hikes from there. Not looking for anything in Wharton, Lebanon (Brenden..), or Bass river. Anything you wanna shout out would be appreciated.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
What is the reason why you are not looking at the places mentioned?

Guy

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
I'm trying to find an area I haven't really done before. Wharton and Lebanon I am real familiar with, Bass River I could maybe find something new. So I'm just hunting around for some new ideas