Benzettes/Ridgeway/Society Line Stone

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

It promised to be a great day, so the two stone hunters spent 5 hours bushwacking through the briers, holly, and anything else nature could throw at us, while the life seeped out of our pores. With the results at first being quite depressing, we continued on and on until our luck changed. With the information I used to find the Knee Stone that Manumuskin ran into, I was able to run a line on my aerial program for 5 miles and pinpoint a good location where I felt it would be. Arriving there I noticed something in the woods, and Al was able to quickly confirm that we had found what we shall call the Benzettes Stone. There are more to find so stay tuned.

The Benzettes/Ridgeway/Society Line Stone.

IMG_1114.JPG

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was hot, but for the most part it was bearable. It just seems to really zap your energy quickly.

I recommend not wearing knee boots and pant leg straps in hot weather. My legs have a well worn red ring around them that I did not feel until I arrived home and took the boots off. It looks like rope burn.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
and anything else nature could throw at us, while the life seeped out of our pores. Guy

Good one Guy! I spent last evening until dusk deep in Lebanon State Forest by Mount Misery Brook, and tonite in swampy lowland by Double Trouble. I get what you mean. The pine flies down there were voracious. Very challenging, but very rewarding. The blueberry bushes are heavy with fruit.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
That was surprising to me.The heat was wicked but their were no flies or skeeters at all.I don't think I could've beared them with the heat too.
Credit to guy for this find.i had walked right by this stone two weeks before looking for it when i plotted it originally.Guy replotted it and i walked right by it again but he spotted what looked like a stump to me underneath a laurel bush and at first i though it aint worth crawling.just a stump but i took a step closer and the top was so flat and the sides so square i thought it must be a manmade stump,then my mind rose to the occasion through the heat induced fog and down on my knees i went since i was closer then Guy who looked past me to see it and i crawled up to it and knocked on it and it hurt my knuckles and I screamed ROCK! and the Benzette stone was found!
Al