Better Than Google Earth?

Neil in SJ

Scout
May 22, 2006
Cherry Hill, NJ
www.freewebs.com
It has been some time since I posted here, but I recently learned about a site that has better quality birds-eye views than Google Earth. It is MSN's Live Search Maps. Find your location and click on the "birdseye view" for amazing views, which can be panned for viewing from different directions.

Google Earth has many features not available elsewhere, but when it comes to sharp low altitude photos, MSN's site cannot be beat. Unlike Google Earth, there is nothing to download.

Here is a view of Batsto from the site:

Attachments

• Batsto01.JPG
    Batsto01.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 424

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I played with that and gave up. It only shows populated or "important" area's. If you move from that area there are no photo's. At least the last time I used it. We have discussed this before and if you have a Mac you have to use Firefox.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They seem to have re-arranged some things.

Yea ... I noticed many mistakes. I believe one other place is located right on 206. I believe it is Hampton Furnace. I hate to say it but all in all it is poor. They need to do some work.

Guy

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
theres crap everywhere on the google earth now when you have the google layers on. they call carussoville aserdated now, I guess beck was looking to hard.:confused:

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
The Birds Eye View is definately way better than Google Earth, it's much easier to find the dim trails and even make out the trees themselves.

If you look at the Live Search tool bar, far right, there is a paper & pencil icon. It is the options icon. Open it and click on "Locate Me". It uses the IP address of your computer to find you. I centered the map about 1 mile from my house.

Steve

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
If you look at the Live Search tool bar, far right, there is a paper & pencil icon. It is the options icon. Open it and click on "Locate Me". It uses the IP address of your computer to find you. I centered the map about 1 mile from my house.

Steve

Scary stuff eh Steve?
They warned us about this kind of stuff in high school in the 70's but we didn't believe it.
:)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Because I have "Audubon" cable it put me in Audubon.

Guy