Big Chrome and Plenty of Rust

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice one! They were and are a good woods vehicle.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The fat fenders and curves of the old pickups are gorgeous!

Someone liked curves?

High in the San Juans of Colorado at a silver mine ghost town. Hardly any rust. Pretty sure its mid-30's and a Studebaker PU.

146136561.jpg

Reactions: Gibby

Takoda

Feb 12, 2012
Southern NJ
I'm an auto enthusiast and always enjoy seeing other peoples "finds" of old, abandoned vehicles. Is there another link on this site that has any more pics or info about abandoned vehicles in the Pines?

Great thread and pics!

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Many thanks to the members who tipped me off to other locations of forgotten vehicles which have reached the end of the road in the pines. Yesterday I planned a hike around several locations and the trip was perfect because of the snow and clear skies. I still get excited when I find an old car or truck giving way to the elements.

oldironsm.jpg

Reactions: Teegate

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Cool! You had snow? Not a trace of it down here.

Thanks! The Greenwood area was coated with about an inch, while the grassy areas around my neighborhood had a light coating. Route 539 had several accidents that shut down the highway south of Webbs Mill. I actually back tracked and took the ROW across Greenwood to get past traffic that stopped by a police cruiser in front of Freedom rock. I saw a large section of guardrail torn away and sitting in the highway from an earlier accident below the same location.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Amazing how an inch of snow can bring out the worst in some drivers. Snow lovers are not going to be happy about the forecast for this week, we're headed up into the 50's.