Blurry Plotwatcher Photos

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Guy, those trees look like they are in rows, maybe planted. I don't know where you were, but PBX did a trip from route 70 to Pasadena road in 2003(?). That looks like an area we went through close to Mount Misery Road.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sorry Bob. However, this area was almost completely clear-cut back in the 90s. They left a few trees so that it would come back. You are close but not correct.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We have something different this week finally. When I turned the unit on last week I must have pushed some of the pine needles I use to conceal the camera in front of the lens so you have to ignore that.

This coyote showed up.

150304AA_Frame4161.jpg

150304AA_Frame4162.jpg

Looking odd.

150304AA_Frame4163.jpg

Time for a pit stop :)

150304AA_Frame4164.jpg

Kicks that dirt pretty far.

150304AA_Frame4165.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BTW, ignore the date on the photo's. It never is correct.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Those are some pretty good pics of the coyote. There are quite a few in that area. I have yet to get one on one of my cameras in the pines

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We took the camera down. I am working on my next project which unfortunately I won't be posting.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Aw man I like this thread. However guy I believe where you are going to put the camera is for the greater good than my personal enjoyment. I wish i could get down the pines so I could put one at a couple of places I have in mind where people dump trash.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ought to get that date thing straightened out if you're going to .....you know.

Fully understand. It actually works but with my unit I have to use the software to put a file on the flash drive which has the time on it and then quickly load the flash drive into the unit and start it up. Then the time gets set. The problem is if I switch flash drives each week the time is lost. So we have been taking Jessica's laptop with us and loading the files into it and putting the same flash back in. However, somewhere along the line something got lost again.

I am working on being able to have this run a month without changing batteries so I don't have to travel each weekend to it. I have to make a few things at work.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Aw man I like this thread. However guy I believe where you are going to put the camera is for the greater good than my personal enjoyment. I wish i could get down the pines so I could put one at a couple of places I have in mind where people dump trash.

I am not sure about the legal aspect of that. It could be a problem if they are not happy about you catching them.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Guy as for the legalities I think it would be fine just like having a trail camera in the woods like I was looking for deer. On another site a guy caught a guy who was shooting within the limits of a dwelling and who shot the camera.
A month on batteries? I left one of my cameras out from September till March on one set. As for the flash I just swap out my sd card each time I visit the camera. I have never come close to filling a card. Do you have the model of the plotwatcher so I may do some research if you don't mind?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have the original and that model has battery problems. The Pro version is better. You have to realize mine takes photo's every 5, 10 or 30 seconds and does not just sit there until something shows up. It sometimes takes 5000 photo's a day.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Wow that's a lot of pictures. I didn't know it wasn't a motion based camera. I was just trying to lend a helping hand. Thanks for sharing the pics from it.