Body World

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
Has anyone gone to the Body World exhibit at the Franklin Institute? I went last night and it was absolutely amazing. If you haven't gone and are interested in this sort of thing (even if you're not), make a point to see it. I think the exhibit ends at the end of the month.

T

WAMBA

Scout
Mar 20, 2006
Voorhees
i've been wanting to see that for quite some time. the professor who invented the plastination process is a really crazy guy...he almost reminds me of a mad scientist. i believe he was also the first person to perform an autopsy on live tv. i need to make sure i get over there before it ends. were cameras allowed?

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I saw it back in October. The man and the horse was magnificient. They also gave us a DVD showing the process of creating the displays.

Ed

ChrisNJ

Explorer
Jan 31, 2006
Medford
I also found it facinating, made me wish that I had taken my studies more seriously and become a doctor. I particularly liked the blood vessile baby and chicken.

Piney Boy

Explorer
Sep 19, 2005
Williamstown, NJ
What a great exhibit. Its innovative, imaginitive, and just a real tribute to the art of the human body. I know the concept is to raise questions of mortality, but honestly I couldn't get past viewing it as a work of art. The guy who created it IS indeed a mad scientist (lol), albeit a pretty amazing one.
I have worked on many, many, many exhibits over the years but nothing even remotely similar to this. Kudos to The Franklin Institute for having the guts to bring it to Philly. The new B. Franklin exhibits going to be pretty impressive to.