Bog Iron cemetery tour

B

BarryC

The idea of this tour is to visit cemeteries associated with our Bog Iron furnaces, especially cemeteries that contain bog iron gravemarkers. We would visit every known cemetery that contains them (very short list). This would take us through Burlington, Atlantic, Cumberland and Cape May Counties, and it should be easy to do.
There are 40 of these gavemarkers, and one of the cemeteries contains 25 of them, although 3 of them were put inside the church for safekeeping because they had been pulled out of the ground and were leaning against a tree.
My suggestion is August, although July would be fine with me. I just don't want this to coincide with other planned outings or hikes.
As always, this would be open to everyone who wants to attend.
Similar to yesterday's outing, the trip would be mostly driving, with just some walking inside the cemeteries.
What do you think?
Barry

Sounds good!

Hi,

I know we are new to the group, and this is our first post, but this sounds like a lot of fun. Chris and myself are very interested in exploring all the wonders of New Jersey and would love to make new friends and have a group of people to explore with.

If you do plan on a trip, please let us know. We'd love to come along!

Thanks,

Tracy and Chris

B

BarryC

Sounds good!

The trip is planned. It's just a matter of setting the date. Keep checking in here, because when we set the date, it will be posted here. You are welcome to come along, as is everyone else.
Barry
TracyandChris said:
Hi,

I know we are new to the group, and this is our first post, but this sounds like a lot of fun. Chris and myself are very interested in exploring all the wonders of New Jersey and would love to make new friends and have a group of people to explore with.

If you do plan on a trip, please let us know. We'd love to come along!

Thanks,

Tracy and Chris

Tricia6690

Jul 9, 2004
I'm new to this group too. In fact this is my first post but this trip sounds great. Hopefully I'll be able to make it. I'll keep checking for the date.

Tricia

B

BarryC

Tricia,
It looks like the trip will be in September, or possibly in late August. We'll narrow it down soon.
Barry
Tricia6690 said:
I'm new to this group too. In fact this is my first post but this trip sounds great. Hopefully I'll be able to make it. I'll keep checking for the date.

Tricia

B

BarryC

Okay all. It's all set. Saturday, September 18. Meet at the Batsto/Pleasant Mills cemetery at 10 am. If anyone doesn't know where that is, just ask.
Thanks.
On the way from there to Weymouth we will be passing a deli where we can buy sandwiches, or we can eat at the cafe at Palace Outfitters (canoe rental) in Weymouth.
Barry

Tricia6690

Jul 9, 2004
Barry

I wish we could make it but we will be at a Penn State Football game that weekend. Hopefully we can make another outing sometime.

Hope you all have a great time.
Tricia

B

BarryC

Hope you can make it.
MikeBickerson said:
Hopefully I'll be there. The band has a show that night in Haddonfield, so I'll have to see how the schedule for that looks...

B

BarryC

Hey again,
if it's not raining hard tomorrow (Saturday) morning, assume this outing will go on as planned, and meet at the Batsto/Pleasant Mills Church and cemetery at 10 am tomorrow. I will try and get out of work early to be there at 10 so nobody has to wait.
Of course if it's pouring down rain then we will have to re-schedule.
I think we should start planning rain dates for these things.
Barry