boydsmaps connectivity problems

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Use this thread to report connectivity problems with any of the boydsmaps sites. I will also post updates to any issues that the site(s) are experiencing here.

Note: To keep this thread short, old problem reports will be deleted after they are resolved.

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Site is going offline now for the update, depending on when you visit, you will either see a message or the site may just not work at all. Will post an update here when the update is complete.

Reactions: NJCoastal

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Site is back online now with all the new maps available! :dance:

That went WAY too smoothly... still waiting for another shoe to drop. :D I didn't have any problems accessing the new site using Safari on my Mac, but that may be due to the fact that I constantly clear the cache as I test new code.

Curiously, my phone didn't seem to understand that anything had changed and continued using the old site even though it no longer existed! Evidently it had cached the entire site. Pretty sure this would have broken if I continued for awhile. I deleted the boydsmaps app from my home screen, then went to https://boydsmaps.com in Safari and re-installed the app using the sharing menu. The new site worked properly then, but (as expected) I lost all my app preferences because I hadn't made a backup.

Will continue the discussion of the new maps and software in the other boydsmaps thread.

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
FYI: I will be uploading and processing new elevation data for the Northwest corner of the Mid Altantic LIDAR map this afternoon, to fix the problem discussed here. You may notice slower than normal response from the server during the update, and might see some glitches if you are actually viewing this portion of the map. It should not create any problems that would require clearing cache or site data however. Will post back when the update is complete.