Brendan Byrne State Forest on Saturday

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Before sunset, sunset, and 20 minutes after sunset. It occurred to me while standing there listening to the wind, the water, and the quiet, in the forest named for the former governor, this could easily have been part of a "lake-front" sub-division. Thanks Brendan.
brendan_byrne1.jpg

brendan_byrne2.jpg

brendan_byrne3.jpg

Last edited:

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Aloha Jon, Gorgeous shots, I really appreciate you sharing these shots!!! Makes me homesick.
Thanks John. Are you visiting or living in Hawaii? I am not sure I would be homesick for the forests of NJ if I were in Hawaii at the moment.

John

Jul 17, 2009
Aloha Jon, Have been living in Hawaii since 84 right next to Pearl Harbor. I grew up in Pemberton Boro and my brothers and I used to wander the woods between Pemberton and Birmingham. Some of my favorite memories are paddling up and down the Rancocas creek between New Lisbon and Mt Holly. It was.the late 70s when I discovered Whitesbog and spent some time exploring the trails and cranberry bogs. It was great place and time to grow up. The photos from this website and in particular yours always bring back fond memories and I thank you and everyone else for sharing!

Mahalos
John

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Your answer reminded me that I have been meaning to explore the Rancocas Creek for some time. I am trying to imagine leaving Jersey for Hawaii for the past 34 years but I guess I am too much of a homeboy to wrap my head around it. So, you enjoy paradise and I will keep wandering around South Jersey. If you see Todd Rundgren or Jesse Colin Young walking on Lanikai Beach say hello John.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Jesse Colin Young! I haven't heard that name in a long time. Does Johnathan Edwards, or Danny O'keefe, or perhaps Murray Mclauchlan hang around thereabouts?

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Uh-oh, you mentioned one of my all time favorites, Danny O'keefe. Ever heard the American Roulette album? I will have to check out Murray Mclauchlan, never heard of him.