Buzby's

cjgrater

Apr 23, 2020
Tabernacle
Hi everyone! I'm new and I hope I'm posting in the right area...
My husband and I bought Buzby's this summer (and yes...as the Pine Barrens Tribute told you the Hedger House as well...though they misquoted him a lot in that article), we love this area and the history. I have been reading your site since probably 2014 when we moved to this area and I love it, so I thought I would finally join.
I am looking for some help to find the candy counter that was in the general store here, I believe it was sold at the estate sale, we've asked a few locals and no one seems to know who bought it. Still waiting for a few to get back to me. I am hoping to find the original one, or one that looked very close to it. So if anyone has any pictures of the inside when the Buzby's were still the owners I would love to see that. I love what Marilyn did (my husband even met her a few times), but just how the counters were arranged, etc. I can't seem to find that online, mostly just the exterior, so I just thought I'd see if you all had any resources that I cant seem to find.

Hope I didn't ask too much in my first post here, love to find people who love to talk the history of this area as much as I do!!
Thank you!!!
Candice

Reactions: Teegate and Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Glad you joined up. I can't help you with the candy counter though.

Reactions: cjgrater