Cabin Camping

Dana

Apr 20, 2019
Tabernacle, NJ
Hi all! Looking for personal recommendations for great cabin campsites - I've only ever tent-camped in NJ. I am coordinating a trip for a group of friends, some of whom aren't terribly outdoorsy...and they're horrified by the idea of latrines. Where would you take non-campers to comfortably camp? Some place that isn't overrun by tons of people or vehicles would be wonderful (although, such a place may not exist...).
Thanks!

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Bass River State Forest rents Cabins, Shelters and lean-tos. Only the Cabins have a bathroom and a kitchen and electric. These aren’t the fanciest or best kept cabins, but if you don’t mind roughing it, you will be away from the bugs and out of the rain.
There are also larger cabins along side Lake Atsion available thru Wharton. All of the cabins are I high demand and you need to book far in advance.
Belleplain also has some rentals, but I’m not very familiar with them. The websites for these forests can provide all the details you need.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Hi all! Looking for personal recommendations for great cabin campsites - I've only ever tent-camped in NJ.

Try this site for state camprounds. Select CABIN from the 'Campsite Type' box. Do not select anything else and all state parks/forests with cabins will be shown on the map. If one is close, you can visit and determine the suitability for your group. KOA campgrounds also offer cabins, easiest is to search the KOA web site.

https://www.njportal.com/DEP/NJOutdoors/Park/Search

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
Be forewarned, it's almost impossible to get a weekend unless you just happen to catch someone's cancellation. Most people reserve way before the camping season. You'll likely find a few openings during random Tuesdays to Thursdays only. Good luck.