Calico-Warren Grove

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
No. That is the Warren Grove Bombing Range. Pass the signs they have and deadly force can be used.

If you want to see the A10 Warthogs in action, drive down 539 on a Saturday Morning and drive up Bombing Range road. You can drive all the way to the fence and they have a parking area. If you climb on your car you can see the planes diving to kill tanks. Oh yes...you will also hear them :)

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If you go check out the cement bomb.

39°42.352
74°22.192

And if you wander around there you may find the location of a dead body:) Not really but it sure looks like it. See if you can find it and get a pic. I say not really but we only dug a little with our hands. Maybe there is one.

And the foundations of this building in my "Then And Now" gallery is also there at the high point of the road just at the curve.

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=238&pos=11

Guy

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
No. That is the Warren Grove Bombing Range. Pass the signs they have and deadly force can be used.

That always sort of amused me. I'm assuming that the reason they don't want anyone in there is because if they were in there during target practice they'd almost certainly be killed or badly injured. So in order to keep you out they threaten to kill or badly injure you... :D Of course I guess they also don't want people to know the ins and outs of how bombing runs are conducted either.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
That always sort of amused me. I'm assuming that the reason they don't want anyone in there is because if they were in there during target practice they'd almost certainly be killed or badly injured. So in order to keep you out they threaten to kill or badly injure you... :D Of course I guess they also don't want people to know the ins and outs of how bombing runs are conducted either.

I never thought of it that way, that is pretty funny.

Jeff