Camp Batona

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Driving past the Carranza Memorial on Friday morning I saw a strange sight coming toward me. It was much larger than the horse trailers I usually see and as it got closer I realized it was a very nice, very large travel trailer. I've seen people camp out for deer week before but not this fancy. It headed in toward Batona Camp, followed by a truck carrying a Mr Bob portable toilet. I drove in Sunday morning and found the camp very well populated with trailers and tents.

P1010567s.JPG

TT.jpg

Looks to be an interesting and fun week.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Hunters are not the same anymore :) No more roughing it.

Guy

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Quote: Hunters are not the same anymore No more roughing it.
Guy
Yesterday 04:00 PM

When my oldest brother was alive, we bandit camped for a week of permit bow. We had a couple sites around Chatsworth, and a site near Greenwood. They were great trips: All night camp fires, then falling asleep in my ground blind. Bucket baths (Bud swore he took a picture of me one year, I begged him to throw it out!) Lots of good food (and some bad) cooked over a fire. The last year, when he was sick, we got a lean-too at Belleplain for the week, and it felt like a luxury hotel. All great memories. I was out on Sunday (my first time out in quite a while) and all the deer clubs were filling up, hunters getting ready. I spent the afternoon wandering the woods and remembering some fine trips with Bud.
Greg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
When my oldest brother was alive, we bandit camped for a week of permit bow. We had a couple sites around Chatsworth, and a site near Greenwood. They were great trips: All night camp fires, then falling asleep in my ground blind. Bucket baths (Bud swore he took a picture of me one year, I begged him to throw it out!) Lots of good food (and some bad) cooked over a fire. The last year, when he was sick, we got a lean-too at Belleplain for the week, and it felt like a luxury hotel. All great memories. I was out on Sunday (my first time out in quite a while) and all the deer clubs were filling up, hunters getting ready. I spent the afternoon wandering the woods and remembering some fine trips with Bud.
Greg

Some great memories!

Guy