can anyone tell me where this photo is from?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
can anyone tell mme where this is?

Attachments

• Chimney.jpg
    Chimney.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 407

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Al,
Is this a game as in "guess where the photo is from" or rather you found the photo and are looking for it's origins? Either way I do not know. I was just curious about the question. That is a nice piece though. Big. The layout suggests a good sized structure and it is evident with the other forms there was more to it.
The base structure for a sizable, porch, entrance, pillars? Help me here.

g.

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
I'm not sure, but it looks like the chimney at what I think was an old Girl Scout campsite in Mays Landing. It's been a few years since I my wife and I were there. I have pictures someplace, but god knows what hard drive they are on. If it is the same place, its not far from the old brick factory. All I remember off the top of my head on how to get there, is to go down the dirt road by the ball fields, and it was off to the right.

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
I'm not sure, but it looks like the chimney at what I think was an old Girl Scout campsite in Mays Landing. It's been a few years since I my wife and I were there. I have pictures someplace, but god knows what hard drive they are on. If it is the same place, its not far from the old brick factory. All I remember off the top of my head on how to get there, is to go down the dirt road by the ball fields, and it was off to the right.

I thought of that site as well when I first saw the pic, it's off Babcock creek. I discounted it though since the chimney in the picture is in much better shape, it is the same type of stone however. I believe it was a private residence at one time.

Another spot I thought of was at the ruins near Hammonton where 559 takes its left up Blueberry rd. But again, it looks different, and it's more open there... There are some others I can think of, but I'll just leave these two for now.

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
I don't think it was that one. I Google Earthed the area, and the creek behind the fireplace I don't think went to Weymouth upstream. The location did not look right for that based on my recollections. If I still have the pictures, they are on disc someplace. Ilooked through the picture folders on the hard drive I have hooked up and they are not there. Will look later today for them. Another mystery!!

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
I don't think it was that one. I Google Earthed the area, and the creek behind the fireplace I don't think went to Weymouth upstream. The location did not look right for that based on my recollections. If I still have the pictures, they are on disc someplace. Ilooked through the picture folders on the hard drive I have hooked up and they are not there. Will look later today for them. Another mystery!!

lol, we might be thinking of two different places then. The one I'm talking about is off Old Egg Harbor rd, just up from the ballfields (Underhill park). Upstream from there the creek goes up towards Egg Harbor city, not Weymouth. I'm located up towards it's headwaters. Upstream from Camp Acagisca is Weymouth. ;)

It's be interesting to see those pictures, if you can find em!

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
No dear fellows I am not playing a game.A friend of mine sent me a site of a man who herps in the jersey pinebarrens and the man has many pics of snakes and pine snake dens and so forth and this ruins is either one of the places he herps or near where he was herping.My friend knows I have a thing for ruins as well as snakes and sent it to me wanting to know if I know the location and I actually don't know.I figured you guys might be able to help.The site claims all the pics are from central jersey but i beg to differ unless this fellow considers the northern barrens central jersey.I consider all the barrens south jersey.It would upset me to think something so grand might be nearby and it has escaped me.Then again if i truly knew every worthwhile place in south jersey it would be time for me to leave to an area of new discovery.
Al

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Mts83, you are right that I was thinking of Babcock Creek. I was replying to the post before yours, when I said I didn't think it was that one. I don't recall the condition of the chimney there. Nor the smaller footings in front of it. I do recall seeing ceramics of some sort imbedded into the chimney there also, which I don't see in the picture. However, the site is a beautiful spot, along the creek. We walked about 300 yards up the creek, and it was great. I think I will have to go back with my camera real soon. Anyone up for a hike?

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
The Hearth itself is very similar to Ramble Inn. However what you see in my thread is all there is to see, nothing more 'cept tales & history. There are some remaining stones and such arranged to form a little piece of landscaping but no, nothing like the pic above remains. Al has given us a nice photo.
Are we 100 & 10% sure this is N.J. ?
Just asking.

g.