Can't post pics

T

Toothy Critter

Why, when I go to post pics, do I get a message "The uploaded file is to large for this server" Is it cause my PC is an old piece of **** ? Its a shame...cause I had some great shots of naked swimsuit models frolicking in the Pines that I was gonna post. Oh well....

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
What kind of file is it? JPG? PNG? How big is the file? What are the pixel dimensions? Did you try making it smaller? Kind of hard to troubleshoot this unless you give us a bit more information. :)

T

Toothy Critter

just a pic from my iPhone Or copied to my PC ( JPEG 2.99 mb 3264x2448) OOOHHHHHH.... DUH never mind I made the pic smaller My bad. Told ya I was a techno idiot :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
If you are attaching the photo to your post and not using a photo hosting site I believe the size limit is 1mb or less. I don't think there is a size limit if using a hosting site.

Good trip up north; sm bass, northern pike and brookies. No attack beaver's :D

Reactions: Toothy Critter

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I think something changed when Ben did the most recent forum upgrade. When the site came back up, I had a problem posting a .png image. Did not check the file size, but I don't think it was any bigger than other photos I've posted before. I just saved it as a .jpg and that worked. I recall that Guy also mentioned he had a problem at that same time. So the size limit may have changed.

But 3MB is pretty big to be posting here. On my iPhone, unless I re-size the photos they range from 2MB to almost 5MB each and 3264x2448 pixels. That is way too big to post in the forums, I usually re-size them to 800 pixels wide unless it's something where a lot of detail is needed - such as a map.

T

Toothy Critter

If you are attaching the photo to your post and not using a photo hosting site I believe the size limit is 1mb or less. I don't think there is a size limit if using a hosting site.

Good trip up north; sm bass, northern pike and brookies. No attack beaver's :D

Don't wanna change the post but... Northern Pike ?? The BIG toothy critters. Where did u go? What did u get on fly rod ? Nice job Tight lines:)

T

Toothy Critter

I think something changed when Ben did the most recent forum upgrade. When the site came back up, I had a problem posting a .png image. Did not check the file size, but I don't think it was any bigger than other photos I've posted before. I just saved it as a .jpg and that worked. I recall that Guy also mentioned he had a problem at that same time. So the size limit may have changed.

But 3MB is pretty big to be posting here. On my iPhone, unless I re-size the photos they range from 2MB to almost 5MB each and 3264x2448 pixels. That is way too big to post in the forums, I usually re-size them to 800 pixels wide unless it's something where a lot of detail is needed - such as a map.

Yeah. I discovered that my pics are huge for some reason and figured out how to downsize them so I can post now, Thanks for the help all. Gee....now if I could only find where those naked swimsuit model pictures are......hmmmm

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Don't wanna change the post but... Northern Pike ?? The BIG toothy critters. Where did u go? What did u get on fly rod ? Nice job Tight lines:)

Adirondacks, fished several spots; West Branch Ausable river, St Regis Canoe area, Saranac Lakes, and a lake near the rental cabin. St Regis area is very, very nice. Fly rod took some smallmouth and lots of brookies, small but colorful. My sons did much better than me and the younger got fairly comfortable wading the slower sections of the WB Ausable. Good time of year, few tourists. There is a guide service up there that offers, for a big price, brookie fishing on a private lake, BIG brookies. Check out the vids;

T

Toothy Critter

Love the Adirondacks. Any color yet? Where the pics?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Everyone needs to be careful they don't alter their original file when making them smaller.

Yes, the site now must have a size limitation. I almost always make mine somewhere in the 800 to 1200 pixels wide and they always work fine. And if you just delete the "e" in jpeg it uploads fine.

T

Toothy Critter

Everyone needs to be careful they don't alter their original file when making them smaller.

Yes, the site now must have a size limitation. I almost always make mine somewhere in the 800 to 1200 pixels wide and they always work fine. And if you just delete the "e" in jpeg it uploads fine.

Duh...so how do I delete the "e" ?:confused:

T

Toothy Critter

Never mind I feel I have taken too much of everyones time up with this I found a way to post pics . Sorry for the intrusion caused by my lack of knowledge. But thank you very much

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You are not taking our time. I will get out my wife's laptop and see if I can figure out how to remove the e.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This laptop is crap so I can't help tonight. Jennifer can help me tomorrow find an easy way to get the files uploaded. I will continue to play.