Capewell Glass Negative Collection

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I tired looking at them a minute ago and the site was really slow, and now there is an internal error. I will try again later.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, it is working now. Usually at that time of morning many servers reboot and that may have been when I was trying to access it.

When I use to get up at an earlier time for work I would always catch this site rebooting.

Thanks for the link Pancoast!

Guy

Willceau Illo

Explorer
Feb 5, 2012
Hi! I'm the guy putting the glass negatives up at willceau.com/news/. This article explains how I wound up with the negatives:

http://willceau.com/news/2010/06/07/the-henry-capewell-glass-negative-collection/

As I have been going along and publishing these things, new information surfaces. People have helped me with old census data and a clearer picture of the photographer and his family comes to light. I'm hoping to find relatives or at least more information on the people and places in the images.

Most of them were shot in Westville, NJ in Gloucester County. There are others that the photographer John Capewell took on his travels. Niagara Falls, Atlantic City, New York, Virginia, etc.

I have about 200 of these negatives along with some other ephemera. I put a new picture or two up on my site every Thursday morning.

Thanks!

-Joe Williams

Reactions: Ben Ruset and Gibby

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks Joe. The slideshow is the best way to view them as you mention in your writing.

Guy