Carranza Cemetery?

kayla-pbx

Apr 7, 2015
Southampton, NJ
I was told there was a cemetery somewhere behind the Carranza Memorial. I've never seen it before, and I can't seem to find it on any of the maps. Just wondering if anyone else had any info on this!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was told there was a cemetery somewhere behind the Carranza Memorial. I've never seen it before, and I can't seem to find it on any of the maps. Just wondering if anyone else had any info on this!

It is a pet cemetery where someone placed their pet.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Is the location wrong and instead the cemetery in question is actual the African Methodist Episcopal Church Burial Ground?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That would not be "behind" Carranza then. I would think they must be talking about the pet cemetery.

IMG_3648.JPG

IMG_3649.JPG

IMG_3650.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
A little story about them. They were first brought to my attention years ago when a man I know saw them on Geocaching.com. The person had just put them up minutes before and the man I know contacted that person and asked for him to remove them. He felt they would be destroyed if too many people knew where they were. The man who posted had been cutting across the woods going from one geocache to another and found them. I was also contacted by the man I know and was asked to also ask for the man to remove them. I did as he asked and we were both chastised severely for that. In any event, he removed them and as far as I know they have been left alone.

The policy on this site has been to do our best to keep historic and unusual places as well as rare plants and animals as safe as they can be. I agree with that policy and would prefer to keep their locations unknown. I find that most of the fun of finding things is finding them on my own. Even though I know where they are, I would never consider them anywhere near as important to me as the places I have worked hard to find

I hope you understand that I want them to hang around so that one day someone else can find them on their own. If they haven't already.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It really will be a daunting task to find them by just walking around. I would highly suggest you not do that.