Carranza Memorial unwraped

B

bach2yoga

We saw it Sunday.
We were still able to read most of the grafitti, though it was light...
"White power"
"N... should die"
a swastika....etc. :swear:

How ironic that it would be on a monument placed as a "messenger of peace".

Unfortunately, it looks like it was powerwashed to remove it, which also did a fair amount of damage to the concrete, and the mortar in one of the top joints is completely missing now.

We did see two footprints in the memorial that we had never noticed before, though they obviously weren't new, and we weren't able to see the handprint that Kendawg and I remember seeing before.

Renee

supercilious

Scout
Jun 27, 2004
Caranza(sp?)

when i was a kid (17-19), we used to hang out at the memorial. Sometimes, we would sometimes bug other kids making out or having sex out of jest. We could be classified as deliquints, idiots, or bums for our age, But we never did anything to the monument. We never thought about doing anthing to it, but i am suprized the state did not think of it before hand. I assume a coat of concrete sealer would stop any spray paint or anything to be permanent to the monument. Im really suprized since we would sit their and bullshit and get harassed by Cops and Rangers constantly. We never drank their, did drugs, did insane stuff, we just bullshitted and enjoyed the silence and privacy. It sucks this has happened because i know kids like me are still going there. Now they are getting harrassed by Cops and Rangers like we did for just either making out(or whatever), or hanging out. Some locals to Tabernacle should remember ordaninces banning people from public places past 10pm (or whatever time), now the kids have nowhere to go. I used to spend the summer nights when i was out of High School down at local basketball courts. These courts in Medford and Southampton were either Dimly lit or Moonlit and we played from 11pm till 1-2 Am. Laws closed these courts so we had noowhere to go, so we stopped playing basketball and hung out in the pines. We never caused any trouble, true we were far from sin, but we never did anything wrong, where we hung out. Its just a few bad seeds doing something that enflames everyone, to damage a place for kids. More kids hang out at these places then true adults, i think everyone over reacts to what stupid kids do, stupid kids do stupid things, to pass laws banning kids or whatever from these places hurts the kids more then anything. Now remember that this place is in the pines. No matter how much Cops/Rangers harrass people their, i doubt they can find the people who did this. I have not been out at Caranza in about 4 years. I say lets remeber this place is a hangout for kids, Good and Bad, lets not get insane with our views to stop people from hanging out their, this forces a Police State, if you want that, Go to China