Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
hampton.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
There is a huge hill on that property like the stone hill across Carranza or like the one on the Boy Scout property.

hill.jpg

Reactions: Boyd

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
All,

Here is another interesting property for sale. It is the property on Carranza across from the Wilkinson Gun Club but before the curve where Wharton starts. This property is adjacent to the thumping mill property.

However, they say it is buildable and want 37 million dollars for it.

That has to be a joke or a major error Guy. That is $250,677.51 per acre. With no water or sewer available and working through all of Pinelands restrictions, I would say $8,000 -$10,000 per acre would be reasonable. That's $1.18 million on the low end.

Reactions: bobpbx and Boyd

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I think that hill was a spoil pile consisting of material generated from the construction of bogs that existed as early as 1870, based on the Boyd's Vermeule maps. The location is central to 3 bogs and strangely, it almost perfectly elliptical. That tells me that man may have had had something to do with that.
Sand and gravel were big commodities in those areas (i.e. Hass' Pit at Carranza and Bozarthtown Roads). Maybe the owners thought they could sell that dirt someday but woke up too dead to follow through.

Reactions: Boyd and Teegate

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Most other Real Estate Companies have the same property description. It's not gold to be found there, it's WATER! And suppose to have a nice size pond.

Yes, I read that this morning: "Think about putting up a water purified business ventures in the property, so many possibility that awaits the lucky new owner of this LAND."

I think he'll find that difficult. He has to have a plan:

"If the application includes a proposed diversion from the Kirkwood-Cohansey aquifer, a hydrogeologic report that identifies the volume of the diversion, the volume of water to be returned to the source, a description of the route of return to the source, the methodology used to quantify the volume of water returned to the source and a description of any other existing or proposed water diversions or discharges on or from the parcel. The report shall also include a map that depicts the location of the diversion, the location of the return to source, the location of all existing or proposed resource extraction operations and the location of all wetlands on or within 300 feet of the parcel on which the diversion is proposed"

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
I think that hill was a spoil pile consisting of material generated from the construction of bogs that existed as early as 1870, based on the Boyd's Vermeule maps. The location is central to 3 bogs and strangely, it almost perfectly elliptical. That tells me that man may have had had something to do with that.
Sand and gravel were big commodities in those areas (i.e. Hass' Pit at Carranza and Bozarthtown Roads). Maybe the owners thought they could sell that dirt someday but woke up too dead to follow through.

Fun idea, my diesel-burning friend. I paid that hill a visit once. Lots of ironstone, just like the other nearby hills. Nothing around it suggests sufficient quarrying to explain its existence. This is a natural formation.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Well, if I had $37 million in "mad money", I'd rather spend it on 145 acres of woods. That pretentious house in Avalon is the last place I'd want to live and you guys would just trash it at the big house warming party anyway. :D

RJG

Scout
Nov 19, 2023
Sea Isle City, NJ
Well, if I had $37 million in "mad money", I'd rather spend it on 145 acres of woods. That pretentious house in Avalon is the last place I'd want to live and you guys would just trash it at the big house warming party anyway. :D
People with deep pockets like that keep me in business. I worked in that particular house for two months. The last person out of the house at the end of the day, which was usually me, had to make sure all the lights were off, all the windows were closed and all the doors were locked. Do you know how long it takes to do that in a 13,000 sq. ft house? :bang: