Caution!

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Beware of the water holes on Tremont Ave. in Waterford. They are deeper than they appear. :bang: This was Tuesday afternoon around 4:30. Luckily, just as I started hiking out, the other driver was on his way back in, with a friend who got us both out. The ruts were pretty deep, and my pumpkins got hung up.

"My machine she's a dud, I'm stuck in the mud, somewhere in the swamps of Jersey" -Springsteen

John-

Attachments

• Tremont1.jpg
    Tremont1.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Tremont2.jpg
    Tremont2.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 205

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
lol them ruts have been there for a while. I thought everyone knew to stay out of them or at leats straddle them Idf it makes ya feel any better I just had my minivan down there last night.:) My parents live right there on the corner of Tremont and Martha as soon as you exit the woods. You were in my backyard basically lol.

Kevinhooa

Explorer
Mar 12, 2008
Hammonton, NJ.
www.flickr.com
There's been a couple shots of trucks stuck in the tons of ruts on the motorcycle forums. The water is starting to clear out finally, but all that sticky mud is still hiding underneath. I guess the rainy season is followed by shovel / winch season. lol.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Dave, those ruts have been there for a couple of years now. I knew they were there. I had already made it through, but went back to see if I could hook up to this guy and help get him out. Like a dope, I didn't turn around, just threw it in reverse, and slid into the ruts. Knucklehead... I should be tazed!

John-

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Dave, those ruts have been there for a couple of years now. I knew they were there. I had already made it through, but went back to see if I could hook up to this guy and help get him out. Like a dope, I didn't turn around, just threw it in reverse, and slid into the ruts. Knucklehead... I should be tazed!

John-

yeah it was just a hole off to the side of the road for about 6 years then it eventually widen out a year or so ago. The state filled it in but as usual did a crap job at it. First time it rained the dirt softened up and wahlag, hole is back.