Cedar Creek at 539

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
This photo was taken Oct 21, 2022. This sand bar was the result of beaver blocking the pipes under route 539. They did such a complete job that 539 was flooded when it rained hard at the end of this summer, and the county opened up the pipes and let 'er rip. The water gushing through must have made quite a sight. Now, there is a small swimming hole on the east side, and the sand was driven up and out and created this island.

Anyway, the purpose of this photo is to watch the island over the years and see if it vegetates. So really, again, Beaver destroy our view.

1666909216619.png

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Beavers will be beavers. Words to live by. :)
I applied for trapping permits this year for the second time. The first time I applied for two zones and didn't get either one. I don't know why they are so restrictive. I have a few 330's but I have never set for beaver yet.

Off topic, I love 539, it's a great ride on a motorcycle. A few months ago we rode to Barnegat Light only to see it encased in scaffolding. We took the long way home by taking 539 back to Tuckerton and then 542 back home.

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
Beavers will be beavers. Words to live by. :)
I applied for trapping permits this year for the second time. The first time I applied for two zones and didn't get either one. I don't know why they are so restrictive. I have a few 330's but I have never set for beaver yet.

Off topic, I love 539, it's a great ride on a motorcycle. A few months ago we rode to Barnegat Light only to see it encased in scaffolding. We took the long way home by taking 539 back to Tuckerton and then 542 back home.
Another off topic: Barnegat lighthouse scaffolding is gone and the lighthouse will be relit this evening at 6:45 PM.