Ceiling fan

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
If you have a need for a 42” ceiling fan made for high or sloped ceilings, I have one that runs good and is free to whomever wants it.

It’s all white, reversible, and 3 speed. The reversible blades are light oak style on the other side. Comes with an 18” down rod and ceiling bracket. Also have a 3” down rod, along with the manual. It is a Hampton Bay Landmark Plus model.

I took down a similar one with a bad bearing, so you can also have that one for parts.

ceilingfan.JPG

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Hey there Bob, you sound pretty handy around the house !

Our ceiling fan just stopped working . I took the old one down while it was wired hot without throwing the main breakers. I was so proud of myself. Bzzzzt !
Now I am staring at the new one in a nice shiny box. I'll probably be staring at it until April.

Next time your in the Deep South, stop in and we'll install it. I'll see to it that you are loaded down with Miller High Life and some Crazy Juice when you leave ! :D

Reactions: Boyd

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Sure, no problem Scott. Do you want to do it this weekend sometime? If not, just let me know your schedule for the following week if you want to do it sometime.

No miller needed, I usually don't drink in the day. But I would take a small touch of the crazy juice when I leave.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
When I was living in New Brunswick, the people I met from way up north thought of Mercer/Monmouth/Ocean counties as the deep south. I don't think Cumberland, where I grew up, even registered for them as part of the state.
I graduated from Cook College in New Brunswick in '81 and my roommates were from that area or further north in NJ. To me, they all talked funny and lived in a world full of noise, smelly air, gridlocked traffic and asphalt.
I invited two of my North Jersey college buddies on an overnight hike from Batsto to the Lower Forge primitive campsites and you might have thought I had taken them to the Yukon. They loved every second and remarked several times about the remoteness and the quiet.

Years ago I was a part-time recycling coordinator for Absecon and Pleasantville in Atlantic County. I went to Rutgers for a course that certified me, attending two days/week.
The course instructor suggested that I continue for more training. When I told him it was not cost effective to drive three-plus hours each way from south NJ for one day of class, he was incredulous.

"I didn't know New Jersey went that far south."
Yup, we are 'the Amazon'

The good news here below the Mason/Dixon line is that the rest of the state doesn't want to move here, except for all those yuppie ***holes building ever larger mcmansions on the barrier islands.

Reactions: manumuskin and Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Does it really take three-plus hours for you to get to New Brunswick? I can get to my daughter's place in Long Island City (~130 miles) from Mays Landing in that amount of time or less. But I usually take the back way, through Egg Harbor City, Lower Bank and Chatsworth, which can take longer than that. When my son in law drives to my place, he can usually make it in well under three hours, following the route that Waze gives him.

I wouldn't have thought NJ went that far South of Rutgers either.... although I know the traffic can be a big factor. :)

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I graduated from Cook College in New Brunswick in '81 and my roommates were from that area or further north in NJ. To me, they all talked funny and lived in a world full of noise, smelly air, gridlocked traffic and asphalt.
I invited two of my North Jersey college buddies on an overnight hike from Batsto to the Lower Forge primitive campsites and you might have thought I had taken them to the Yukon. They loved every second and remarked several times about the remoteness and the quiet.
On a very quite night from that area you can still here trucks on 206.I know because they have srcewed up Bills recordings. The sound is virtually gone by the time you move west to friendship but then you can here 563 but the traffic there at night is negligible, especially large trucks are almost non existent on that road.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Years ago I was a part-time recycling coordinator for Absecon and Pleasantville in Atlantic County. I went to Rutgers for a course that certified me, attending two days/week.
The course instructor suggested that I continue for more training. When I told him it was not cost effective to drive three-plus hours each way from south NJ for one day of class, he was incredulous.

"I didn't know New Jersey went that far south."
Yup, we are 'the Amazon'

The good news here below the Mason/Dixon line is that the rest of the state doesn't want to move here, except for all those yuppie ***holes building ever larger mcmansions on the barrier islands.
If you extend the MD line across NJ we do indeed fall below it.There is a favorite island of mine along the Tulpehocken that that line would pass through so i call it the M&D Island but the MD line actually follows the Delaware Line south and across to Fenwicks Island and is monumented with 250 year old stones accordingly which places us square in Yankee territory,even us Deep Southerners.

Reactions: old jersey girl
If you extend the MD line across NJ we do indeed fall below it.There is a favorite island of mine along the Tulpehocken that that line would pass through so i call it the M&D Island but the MD line actually follows the Delaware Line south and across to Fenwicks Island and is monumented with 250 year old stones accordingly which places us square in Yankee territory,even us Deep Southerners.

Does this mean I have to lose the drawl? Bless your heart!

Reactions: manumuskin
Does it really take three-plus hours for you to get to New Brunswick? I can get to my daughter's place in Long Island City (~130 miles) from Mays Landing in that amount of time or less. But I usually take the back way, through Egg Harbor City, Lower Bank and Chatsworth, which can take longer than that. When my son in law drives to my place, he can usually make it in well under three hours, following the route that Waze gives him.

I wouldn't have thought NJ went that far South of Rutgers either.... although I know the traffic can be a big factor. :)

This was MANY years past-- all I remember was the trucks on the turnpike boxing in my puny 4-cylinder Volvo 240 wagon, a.k.a. the rolling dog crate.