Cell Towers and Communications

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

I was told today that one of the new cell phone towers will be erected on the property of the Lebanon Lakes fire company off of 70 in Lebanon Lakes. In return they will receive $1500 a month in compensation.

Steve mentioned to me that at or near Spring Hill there was some sort of survey or building activity going on, and I asked about that today. I was told that in that area somewhere they are going to erect the new Burlington County Communications tower for police and fire. Currently there are about six channels they can use,which become congested if multiple fires are in progress, even on the opposite sides of the county. The new tower would give them 40 pairs of frequencies to use. Many of the fire vehicles already have the equipment installed to use these frequencies, but the lack of the tower is the stumbling block. So I am not certain if the Spring Hill area is where it is going, but I was told it was near Warren Grove somewhere.

Also, I hear that Chatsworth Fire company is lacking certified members, and because of that other local towns will cover for them until that situation is resolved. Only telling you what I was told.

Guy