Cellar holes

Is anyone familier with this area off of Pasadena Rd. It is a rough, un-used road with several cellar holes on both sides. Most were small but there were a couple of large ones set back farther off the road. It was raining pretty good when I got there so I didn't get out to explore.

aay.sized.jpg

Ben,

Do you know anything about these cellar holes along this road. I didn't count them but there must have been about a dozen small ones lining both sides of the road with a couple larger ones farther off the road. This road led to a T intersection where a wrecked car was standing on end against a tree. Did you see that? The road it intersected was very narrow and over grown so I did not attempt it. Had I turned one way or another would I have come to the sign in the photos you linked?

Steve

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
BEHR
I went down that road today and did you notice the blue car on end was also in a cellar hole? Most of these holes were so close to the road and so small I wonder if they really belonged to houses?Their mostly outhouse size except for a few.Another mystery:)
Al

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Well, we know that in this area there was a Post Office, so there was a decent sized community here. Also, the Brooksbrae factory had a caretakers house which was probably nearby.

I didn't see the car, but Guy and I didn't spend that much time exploring this area. I looked around and only saw the one hole with the broken pipe, bricks, etc. That was near Pasadena Rd.

Further on down that road there's a gun club and some private houses.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We would have but we were concentrating on the main road in the woods farther that day. I believe we may have looked at the other end of that road and though it was private.

Guy

manumuskin said:
BEHR
I went down that road today and did you notice the blue car on end was also in a cellar hole? Most of these holes were so close to the road and so small I wonder if they really belonged to houses?Their mostly outhouse size except for a few.Another mystery:)
Al

Al,

Yeah, I thought they were strange too. I wonder what they could be.

Steve