Chalk

B

bach2yoga

I don't know, but I would venture to guess that the artwork probably is worth more than the concrete!!
Beautiful work!
Renee

B

BarryC

Wow! That is amazing.
Speaking of chalk, I forgot to mention this at the time it happened. I meant to at least email Renee and possibly others, wondering if there was someone who should be notified. The last time I was at Head-of-the-River Cemetery I and my niece found several gravestones with brightly colored chalk rubbed on them. In fact it appeared that it may not have been chalk at all, but rather crayon. I was very concerned. The thing that puzzled me was that most, if not all, of the gravestones were easily readable without chalk.
Barry
TeeGate said:
Since we have had discussions on chalk and the damage it can do, I was wondering what damage this amount of chalk will do to sidewalks?

Some people are really talented!

http://www.kurtwenner.com/gallery.htm

Guy

B

bach2yoga

Oh boy, that is not good! I would definitely notify someone. But I would be worried that trying to remove it could be just as damaging.
Perhaps it might be good to email a cemetery restoration webmaster to find out how to best remove it before calling anyone, so you can pass along that info.

BarryC said:
Wow! That is amazing.
Speaking of chalk, I forgot to mention this at the time it happened. I meant to at least email Renee and possibly others, wondering if there was someone who should be notified. The last time I was at Head-of-the-River Cemetery I and my niece found several gravestones with brightly colored chalk rubbed on them. In fact it appeared that it may not have been chalk at all, but rather crayon. I was very concerned. The thing that puzzled me was that most, if not all, of the gravestones were easily readable without chalk.
Barry
TeeGate said:
Since we have had discussions on chalk and the damage it can do, I was wondering what damage this amount of chalk will do to sidewalks?

Some people are really talented!

http://www.kurtwenner.com/gallery.htm

Guy