Changes IN NJ State Park Regs

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They have tried closing access to certain sensitive area's and it doesn't work. Those who want to destroy places will continue to do so. Only those who don't will suffer.

And the established road situation is very hard to determine. What one person thinks is an established road another does not. Who is going to make that decision? The people who make vague rules? I for one believe if my car can go down it I go down it. When I have left the road it is for the most part the same way it was before I went down it. I don't want these people telling me I can't do this.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
We have discussed this many times before, and it always seems like the problems could be solved by simply enforcing existing laws and punishing the abusers in a serious enough way to show they mean business. But for some reason (lack of resources I guess) it never seems to happen. And we all get punished when the roads are closed or if otherwise legal vehicles are prohibited.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
We have discussed this many times before, and it always seems like the problems could be solved by simply enforcing existing laws and punishing the abusers in a serious enough way to show they mean business. But for some reason (lack of resources I guess) it never seems to happen. And we all get punished when the roads are closed or if otherwise legal vehicles are prohibited.

and that is exactly what they are proposing to do now...prohibit an otherwise legal vehicle (dual sport). As stated before, dual sport riders are not the ones causing damage. This proposal would be entirely ineffective in preventing environmental damage. It would only punish law abiding citizens. the only logical explaination is that this is a "gateway" regulation to set presedence to apply further public access regulations. Or, this is a BS regulation to satisfy a special interest that is ignorant on the subject.

Jeff

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
If anyone drives a registered and insured motorcycle, I would ignore any law they pass concerning them.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
the actual proposal is very vague and may not apply to dual sport bikes, however, because of this vague-ness, dual sport bikes could be potentially banned. As non-street legal motorcycles are already prohibited, what is the point of the proposal? I think a phone call is in order.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
You might be junping to a conclusion there, based on the little we know. :)

agreed. That conclusion is based on what the general assumption is at this time. More information is certainly needed. if you read the proposal as it pertains to motorcycles entirely, not just the AMA excerpt, the general assumption could be inncorrect. Here is the direct link, then go to page 5.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
(a) A person shall not engage in the following recreational activities on State Park Service lands
and waters without specific approval of the Assistant Director of the State Park Service, or the
Regional Superintendent or their designee:
1. – 5. (No change.)
6. Rappelling;
7. – 8. (No change.)
9. Rocketry; [or]
10. Archeological, geological, botanical, zoological, or paleontological expeditions;
11. Paragliding;
12. Parasailing; or
13. Helicopter operations.
(b) and (c) (No change.)
7:2-2.25 Bicycles, roller skates, and skateboards
(a) through (e) (No change.)
(f) A person shall not practice any tricks or [fancy] stunt riding on a State Park Service roadway.
(g) through (l) (No change.)

So your going to need a letter from daddy to look at plants (#10)

Darn, I can't rappell at Apple Pie Hill anymore.

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
Do ya think they even know what they are writing, remember they did call a sport bike a crotch rocket. I own a Ducati Paso and don't call it a crotch rocket. Could be worse they could have just called them rice burners....

But they were quite specific on the military vehicles