Chiggered again

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Well the chiggers are still going strong around my woods, which I learned the hard way. Was out wandering through the underbrush yesterday and have 10 or 12 new bites on my arms. My permethrin treated clothes seemed to be effective but I had a short sleeved shirt since it was quite hot and humid yesterday. I plucked a bunch of them off as I noticed them, but obviously missed some.

Be careful out there... sure wish we'd get a frost to get rid of these little pests!

I got more chigger bites today at Double Trouble watcing the cranberry harvest, in spite of all precautions. I asked a few people watching if they knew about chiggers (their kids were roaming in the grass), and they had no clue. Told 'em to take hot showers, and get CHIGARID! No, I don't have any interest in the company - I just know it works.

Spiders were all over the dikes today - finally figured out that they had been living in the bogs, and when it got flooded, they ran; they actually ran across the water! It was almost scary, and if it weren't for the great cranberry harvest going on, I would have been out of there!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I got more chigger bites today at Double Trouble watcing the cranberry harvest, in spite of all precautions. I asked a few people watching if they knew about chiggers (their kids were roaming in the grass), and they had no clue. Told 'em to take hot showers, and get CHIGARID! No, I don't have any interest in the company - I just know it works.

Spiders were all over the dikes today - finally figured out that they had been living in the bogs, and when it got flooded, they ran; they actually ran across the water! It was almost scary, and if it weren't for the great cranberry harvest going on, I would have been out of there!

When I was pushing cranberries last year there were thousands of spiders, so yes they were living in the bogs. One man stepped on something that moved under his feet.

Guy

uh60chick

Scout
Jul 14, 2007
Crickets, spiders, turtles, mice, and snakes are all pretty common sights for those in the water during cranberry season. My husband used to be afraid of spiders...but he was broken of that pretty quickly. He's still afraid of me when he drags crickets into the house, though.:jd: