Christie declares State of Emergency

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/...-about-the-nj-state-of-emergency-declaration/

You've gotta love New Jersey. I just went to http://www.ready.nj.gov like the governor said I should. The top story is dated September 21 and has info about emergency measures for the Pope's visit. :rolleyes:

"We are not quite sure if this is going to be a single punch or double punch," he said, alluding to the expected nor'easter-like conditions through Sunday and then possibly any potential impact from Hurricane Joaquin.

Christie said that residents should prepare and visit ready.nj.gov, adding that he will consider evacuations if necessary in the southern part of the state. The state is also making plans for sheltering, if needed, he said.

"We're prepared, and we need you to prepare and not panic," the governor said.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I pulled my boat out of CM today. Highest tides I ever experienced at the marina. Two hours after dead high the water was still not receding and had surcharged 300' back into the boat yard from the ramp.
I think the next two days may be uglier than the hurricane itself.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Lots of rain here tonight. But the current projection shows Joaquin pretty far offshore so hopefully that won't be too bad.

joa.gif

Reactions: Teegate

CurMUDgeon

Scout
Apr 30, 2010
Where needed.
What got me was the number of events that canceled due to the state of emergency.
I read "in accordance with" and "because of" the state of emergency in quite a few cancellation notices whereas there was absolutely NO mention in the declaration that events should be canceled.
Wheaton held their Festival of Fine Craft and there was a huge crowd there.
Atsion Flea Market is canceled for tomorrow as per info from the ranger station.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
All happened to quick to photo Saturday but Mullica overtook the road the whole stretch from the last turn to Crowley's The water was deep enough and caution an understatement to pass through but floating logs and stuff... at one point I said "maybe cut me a break!"
542 up just at last turn before Loveland's road.... Gone. No passing. Doubled back Leektown to Stage roads to point me to Tuckerton.
The Boulevard was not even an option to look at so I waited till yesterday to eyeball it. All the way to the end... carnage. Beach, gone. Water levels hanging at edges of roads and as I came back I could sit and watch it rise above to the road. Creepy. Shoulda took a video.
This is heading BACK... IN with the last bridge behind me. The first of a few wash outs but I was able to sit and watch this happen!
this was yesterday 2:00 P.M.

As per what Scott wrote above... may be some days go by before normality sets in up here regarding tides, water levels, and such.

GBB.JPG