Cleanup after Earth Day?

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
I am going to put this out here and see what kind of response I can get.

I was thinking of organizing a cleanup in Wharton (maybe the Atco area), the weekend after Earth Day. (The 24th).

If enough people are willing to participate, I will contact some people and get us a truck and stuff.

Anyone interested besides Kevin? It might be rough if it is just the two of us, lol....

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Gipsie,
The invite is much appreciated, but I have to work that weekend. As usual (and unfortunately), I'm sure there is alot to pick up regardless of where you chose to work. If you ever venture out on a weekday, let me know. Sorry to have missed you on Monday.

turtle

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
OK, change in plans, lol.

I was on my way home today and decided to swing by the Atsion office today to find out some info about Earth Day. There was a sign on the door saying that the office was closed INDEFINITELY and to go to the Batsto office. When did this happen?

But I digress. I went down to Batsto and talked to the lady working there and she gave me the number of a naturalist down there that is organizing the 'festivities'. I called him when I got home and he informed me that they will be doing cleanups and marking trails on the weekend BEFORE Earth Day on Saturday the 17th of April. And they could use all the help they can get. I volunteered my services and I have a group of maybe 10 or so that will be helping out as well.

As of right now the day will be starting at 10 AM. We will be meeting in the parking lot of Batsto around 9-9:30 to organize ourselves first.

They need all the help they can get. If you would be willing to volunteer your time, please post your intentions here. My thoughts are a day cleaning up and then a get together at the Pic afterward.

As I get more information, I will post it on this thread. So if you are planning on joining us, please sign up for notifications!