Constable Bridge Under Repair

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Went back to Constable yesterday to run my son's dog and there was a full sub-contracted work crew repairing the wing walls on the west side of the crossing.

Don't know when it will reopen but it looks like they will be done in less than a week.
I don't go back there much, so if anyone is in the area let us all know.

Oct 25, 2006
Went back to Constable yesterday to run my son's dog and there was a full sub-contracted work crew repairing the wing walls on the west side of the crossing.

Don't know when it will reopen but it looks like they will be done in less than a week.
I don't go back there much, so if anyone is in the area let us all know.

That's great news to me, what would be even better would also be if they repaired the bridge at the Pleasant Mills Church.

Jim

virgos

Explorer
Mar 25, 2007
No it wouldn't. That bridge being out keeps the Great Sawmp area

"That's great news to me, what would be even better would also be if they repaired the bridge at the Pleasant Mills Church."

No it wouldn't. That bridge being out keeps the Great Swamp area free of congestion and jeeps

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That's great news to me, what would be even better would also be if they repaired the bridge at the Pleasant Mills Church.

Jim

I think it is not a matter of repairing it, they just don't want it used. I suspect that bridge will never reopen. It must be a nightmare in that church when a vehicle or many multiple vehicles cross that bridge during church services.

Guy

I'm glad they have decided to fix it! It hasn't been right since the August storms of 1997. As to Pleasant Mills bridge, they haven't fixed that since before 1995 when it failed a state inspection! They had it blocked for a while, but they had to reopen it (with a warning posted) due to accessability issues for NJFF and others.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
"That's great news to me, what would be even better would also be if they repaired the bridge at the Pleasant Mills Church."

No it wouldn't. That bridge being out keeps the Great Swamp area free of congestion and jeeps

I have to agree with Virgos...I think that bridge being out has helped reduce traffic.

Oct 25, 2006
Rt.206 is the only option, but my concern is that if there is a Forest Fire you're basically trapped. In this case it is good to have an exit point.

How would Fire equipment get in there from Pleasant Mills ?, is Rt.206 below Rt.536 the only way ?