Construction at Atsion Lake

andy1015

Explorer
May 4, 2007
I saw right at 206 and Atsion they are doing some constrction there. Anybody know exactly what they are doing?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have to get there this weekend to get some photo's for a Then And Now. I was there when they drained it to build the swimming area. I am assuming they are draining it??

Guy

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
I have to get there this weekend to get some photo's for a Then And Now. I was there when they drained it to build the swimming area. I am assuming they are draining it??

Guy

The water level is down but not by that much. I have driven past the construction a bunch of times over the past two weeks. Not sure what I was thinking, I should have posted something on here.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.

Guy

They are not draining it and I don't think they will be.
They are doing the work behind a temporary coffer dam made of driven sheet pile.
Scott

andy1015

Explorer
May 4, 2007
They are not draining it and I don't think they will be.
They are doing the work behind a temporary coffer dam made of driven sheet pile.
Scott

Yes and i was surprised at how quick that coffer dam went up. I drove by it when they were just starting the pilings and i believe it was the next day drove by and it was done and they were plugging away inside of it. And the lake is low? Is that just lack of rain or did they drain some? I know i kayaked the wading wednesday and it was the lowest I have seen it in some time.