Controlled Burning

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Looks like very soon they will be control burning Batsto, Friendship, the field by Batona Camp, a couple of ryefields near Bulltown as well as other places.

Reactions: Boyd

Wildland937

Scout
Aug 24, 2016
New Germany

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Looks like they will be burning today and this week in the Cloverdale area, Greenwood near the county line, Lebanon near the Pole Branch and close to 70, in Bass River near Route 9 and near Warren Grove near Warren Grove Road. Also, in Medford along Stokes Road and Hawkins Road and further south Peaslee.

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
I was down by Batso on Saturday and the field across the street was recently burned too. Walked along the shores of the Mullica during the west winds. Lots of glass mixed with the gravel near Hermann City ruins. Is this old glass from the works? I know they produced rectangular and round bottles. Lots of dark brown glass.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Went back today, the burned area begins somewhere around the parking area here and goes West as far as the link I posted yesterday. But it looks like they are preparing to burn to somewhere around here. They are only burning a strip about 50 ft (?) wide on the North side of the road. They burned the rye strip(s) about a week ago.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Prescribed Burning Advisory: The Batona Trail
The Batona Trail between Evans Bridge and Bulltown Road will be closed from March 1 through approximately March 7 due to prescribed burning. Please avoid this area during this time.
If you need assistance finding a different hike, please call the Batsto office at 609-561-0024.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I saw they had planned on doing it. I will be there soon.

I drove down Sandy Causeway through Waterford yesterday and came upon some smoldering remnants of a burn. Also, there was this dirt trail next to it. Is this a firebreak?

IMG_0672.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Look like they will be burning around the Forked River Mountains on the south side soon. It appears they already completed a burn in that area.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This area. There may be Rutherford corners in that section so I will eventually will be checking that out.

mountain.jpg

Reactions: NJCoastal