Controlled burns 2024

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Thought I'd start a new thread for controlled burning this season since there doesn't seem to already be one...

Around 7:30 this morning here in Peaslee. Must have lit it yesterday because there was nobody around. They have been burning that whole area between Main and Taylor Avenues for almost a week now.

IMG_9721.jpg

Last year they did major clearing/thinning of the woods between those two roads, only leaving the large trees. I'll just assume they had a good reason to do that, but it sure changed the whole character of that area. It was dense woods before, now it's wide open and you can see Dorothy Road from almost a mile away.

Seems like they started burning earlier this year due to the warm February? Noticed some burning in the Maple Lake WMA starting several weeks ago.

Reactions: teleflux and 66C10

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They burned Batsto, Friendship, Hampton and some private property as well. And they did quite a bit along the Wrangle Brook near Crossley according to their site. They plan on doing one lot at least in Lebanon. More are planned I am sure. I am marking them on my map and plan to hit many of them when they are done.

Reactions: Boyd

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
It's pretty smoky here at Whitesbog. I'm not sure where they are burning. Yesterday, they burned east of here.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They are burning near Miller Air Park and near Butterworth Bogs. That is what the FFS site shows.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
The next few days I suspect the FFS is going to be pretty active. They are slated to be in Black Run Preserve in Evesham today.
07476C5D-CA07-4083-9714-2C20FEBB40A9.jpeg

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yesterday they were in quite a few places as well. They have Greenwood ready to go soon. I marked all the locations on my main Google map and will hit as many as I can when they are done. I looked at it on my phone yesterday but when I get home I have to get on my computer quickly to map them. If I wait until the evening they remove them.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The arsonist just burned most of the area around the Dragway last year. Do you know where it is located?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Huh I’m confused, this is a new wildfire?
Same here. I saw nothing on the FFS site about having one there. It did say there was private property in Medford being burned. Maybe it was that.